We are looking for a React Native software engineer to join our team to help scale and improve the COVID Symptom Tracker, which is contributing to advance vital research on COVID-19 and helping us track it's spread. You can learn more about some of our work in this post (or if listening is more your style, in this podcast), where our VP of Engineering shares the story behind the COVID Symptom Tracker, including some of the things that our team has learned along the way.
We are combining science, large scale data and machine learning to tell you what to eat based on your unique metabolism. We’re leading the world’s largest ongoing nutritional research project in collaboration with scientists from leading universities including Harvard, King's College London, Massachusetts General Hospital, Oxford and Stanford.
We are a well-funded start-up based in London and Boston, and are backed by founders, investors and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. Join us in tackling wide-ranging technical challenges from DNA analysis, to machine learning, to building apps and products for millions of users.
We're also the Engineering team behind the popular COVID Symptom Tracker - designed by doctors and scientists at Kings College London, Guys and St Thomas' Hospital and our talented development team. This app is contributing to advance vital research on COVID-19 and helping our nation track it's spread.
- Contribute to the build of our core product and help scale and improve the COVID Symptom Tracker (currently used by 2.5M users)
- Partnering with UX, Engineering and Product teams to deliver real business impact at high pace
- Create fast, flexible and user-friendly experiences
- Keeping your code clean, your tests complete and functional, and your releases frequent
- Following best practices, and encouraging other team members to use and adopt them
- Minimum 5 years of commercial mobile/web development experience
- Minimum 2 years experience with React Native
- Experience managing state with Redux or similar
- Extensive knowledge of TypeScript and associated patterns
- Experience with Unit and UI Testing using third party tools (Jest, Appium, Karma, Jasmine etc..)
- Familiarity with RESTful API design
- Experience integrating native components in React Native